ORCID Webinar Series: I'm a Member, Now What?! – Help & Support

The first session in our I’m a Member, Now What?! webinar series is all about Help & Support. All ORCID members are invited to join, though this session will be most beneficial for new and recent members.

As an ORCID member, you have access to an assorted range of resources and support to help you get the most out of your membership. In this session, you’ll learn about the types of support available and how to get in touch with your support contacts, with specific information for consortia members and direct members. We’ll also share a variety of ORCID resources, where to find them, and how to utilize them to help increase the efficacy of your organization’s ORCID adoption.

To accommodate our global audience, there will be two instances of this webinar, a live session and a recorded replay of the live session.

Register for the live session on 28 July at 10:00 a.m. UTC-4 (see your timezone)

Register for the recorded replay session on 29 July at 13:00 p.m. UTC+10 (see your timezone)

More about the series: I’m a Member, Now What?! is a member-focused webinar series that aims to help ORCID members, both new and longstanding, get the most out of membership. Topics covered in this series include: Help & Support, Member Portal, ORCID Certified Systems, Custom Integrations, Benefits, Workflows, Affiliations, and Communication.

Save the date for these future webinars in the series (more information coming soon!):

29 September: The ORCID Member Portal
10 November: ORCID Certified Systems

Hi Kimberly,

I would appreciate being able to attend this. Unfortunately both the event and the “recorded session” playback times are well outside of my normal work hours. I would imagine this is true for others.

Sincerely,

Cathy

Catherine Flynn-Purvis | Pronouns: she/her/hers

Scholar’s Bank Manager

Digital Scholarship Center

University of Oregon Libraries

cflynn@uoregon.edu

scholars@uoregon.edu

I live, work, and learn on Kalapuya Ilihi, the traditional indigenous homeland of the Kalapuya people. Learn more about the Kalapuya people, their history, and the history of this land. Learn about land acknowledgments and ways to be in solidarity with Native nations beyond land acknowledgments.

In keeping with my role at the University of Oregon, I will direct students who are not minors and who report prohibited discrimination, including sexual harassment and violence to me to resources to help them and will report to the Office of Investigations and Civil Rights Compliance only when requested by the student (unless someone is in imminent risk of serious harm).

Hi Cathy,

I completely understand, and thank you for the feedback. If you’d like, you may register for either session to receive the recording of the webinar via email after it concludes. The recording will also be uploaded to our Vimeo channel, and the presentation materials and other resources will be available in our Outreach Resources folder. The intention of the I’m a Member, Now What?! series is to create a library of resources available on-demand for ORCID members, and all content related to the series will be accessible for all members, regardless of webinar attendance. However, I do recognize that the ability to connect and ask questions during a live session is important, and we will take that into consideration when scheduling future sessions, both live and recorded.

Kimberly

We are delighted to share with the recording and resources from the webinar, I’m a Member, Now What?! — Help & Support. The presentation and handout can be accessed here and the session can be viewed here.